"Thai" inspired low carb curry – using what’s in the fridge
Last night I wanted to clean up the veggies I had in my fridge. I thought a Thai inspired chicken curry. The veggies might not be traditional in a Thia curry, but it tasted good 🙂
1/2 head of cauliflower
1 large carrot – cut into thick matchsticks
1 small onion
3 cloves of garlic – sliced
2 chicken breasts – sliced
2 tbls red Thai curry paste
1 can coconut milk
handful of parsley
few dashes of fish sauce
1. Cut the cauliflower into bite sized pieces. Cut carrots into thick matchsticks. Slice onion and garlic. Slice up chicken breast. Have all ingredients ready to cook. Here’s a handy pic:
2. Start by sauteing onions, garlic and curry paste until fragrant (about a minute or two) on medium high heat.
3. Add carrots and cook for another minute or two
4. Add chicken and fry for another couple minutes
5. Add in coconut, cauliflower and baby corn. Cover and allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes, until chicken is cooked and cauliflower is tender.
6. Put in a few dashes of fish sauce and squeeze in the juice of half a lime (reserve the other half for serving time) and sprinkle with parsley.
7. Serve. This is great with Cauliflower Rice but I like to eat it as a stew/soup on its own.
I hope to get a nutritional information program soon and will update my recipes when I do, but all the ingredients here are quite low in carb (if you find the right coconut milk) and definitely good for the on going weight loss stage of Atkins.